Kids love the horses and pedicabs, fun breakfast in the courtyard at Presidents’ Quarters Inn and spotting tug boats, playing on the beach, doing art (not just seeing it), live music, and dolphins at play!
SAVANNAH Georgia (May 25, 2013) — Scratching your heads about what do with the kids in summer 2013? Roadtrip!
Located on the USA east coast, the family-friendly Presidents’ Quarters Inn shares some summer events in Savannah and happenings nearby.
Savannah’s got what kids love! — fireworks, ice cream, pedicabs, puppet shows, horses, summer movies, candy shops, live music, a sandy beach (only 20 minutes, driving east), interactive art and water spray pools, and dolphin cruises. Nearby waters are great spots for ecology trips, kayaking, and paddle surfing.
Telfair Museums — Owens-Thomas House, Jepson Center, and Telfair Academy of Art — offer free admission to military families — Memorial Day through Labor Day (September 2, 2013). “Free admission is offered as part of the Telfair’s partnership with the Blue Star Museums program, which offers military families the chance to visit museums across the country free of charge this summer” states the release:
Turn your youngster loose with a digital camera to record their own memories. We put odds on lots of dog pictures, plus people playing in Forsyth Park where there’s a playground, tennis courts, lots of runners, interactive spray pool, and organic eatery nearby. Farmer’s Market is on Saturdays, beginning at 9 a.m.
Bike cabs are called Pedi-cabs in Savannah and young kids love to ride in them!
For families exploring organic gardening, you’ll love to see the SCAD Community Garden on Boundary Street, near the Talmadge Bridge entrance to downtown Savannah. See the cows in the field at Bethesda Academy Farm & Gardens (one of America’s oldest orphanages) with a delightful farmer’s market under the trees on Thursday (3-5 p.m.).
- First Friday fireworks (each month) on the riverfront, 9:30 p.m., on Historic River Street.
- Through August 9: Children’s puppet shows at Angela Beasley’s “Puppet People” in Thunderbolt
- Through September 30: Savannah Sand Gnats Baseball
- May 31 – August 9: The Beat Goes On, live music on stage at historic Savannah Theatre
- May 31 – June 15 (various dates & times): “Frog and the Toad”, Savannah Children’s Theatre (children from grades 2 – 7, by audition only cast)
- May 31 – June 2: First Annual Blues, Jazz & BBQ Festival on the Savannah riverfront. Continue reading