Beautiful old Savannah churches open doors for Christmas Eve (December 24, 2011) worship, candlelight service, and/or caroling.
From all of us at The Presidents’ Quarters Inn in downtown Savannah, Georgia USA, we wish you the merriest Christmas filled with Peace on Earth and Goodwill to Men, especially in this Holy Season.
Trinity United Methodist Church on Telfair Square. ** We saw where volunteers are needed for Christmas Day Breakfast for downtown Savannah’s homeless community. The free breakfast will be served from 7 am until 10 am on Christmas morning. At 10:00, gather in the sanctuary for the singing of traditional Carols and Hymns. To volunteer, call the church office at 912-233-4766.
Below are a few Christmas Eve events in Savannah that we verified today (December 23, 2011). There is no particular order.
- Christmas Eve Midnight Mass (2 hours) at Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist, Lafayette Square. Christmas Music 11:30 p.m. Doors open at 11 p.m. Saturday, December 24, 2011.
- Downtown Savannah, Unitarian Universalist Church: Christmas Eve 7:30 p.m., Carol Service, Troup Square http://ow.ly/3ubLc
- Christmas Eve services, Lutheran Church of the Ascension on Wright Sq., 5:30 p.m. & 10:30 p.m., December 24.
- Wesley Monumental Church, Christmas Eve: 10:30 a.m.; 4:00 p.m. service geared for children, and candlelight service at 6:00 p.m. *
- Independent Presbyterian Church. Saturday, December 24, 2011, 5:30 PM – 7:00 p.m.. Celebrate the birth of Christ in worship and a candlelight vigil on the front lawn. *
- Christ Church Savannah (Anglican), meets at 207 Bull Street, First Presbyterian Church. December 24, 8:30 p.m. Christmas Music; 9:00 p.m. Candlelight Service
- Christ Church (Episcopal, Johnson Sq, ), December 24, Carols by Candlelight beginning at 10:30 p.m
- First Baptist Church on Chippewa Square, Carol, Candles and Communion, Christmas Eve 12/24 5:30-7 p.m.
- Asbury Memorial United Methodist Church. (Henry St. & Waters Ave.) 7 p.m. Experience the Christmas story through scripture, music, dance, and Holy Communion. This is a very well attended service – suggest arriving by 6:45 p.m.
- First Presbyterian (Washington Ave), Christmas Eve Service: Christmas Eve service at 7:00 p.m. 12/24. Special prelude music beginning at 6:30 p.m.